4 Tips For Reducing HVAC Energy Costs During Hot Arizona Summers

As temps in the Phoenix area soar, many households are seeing energy prices spike as a result of their non-stop AC use (and overall higher prices for everything)! For conscientious homeowners looking to curtail costs in the long- and short-term, there are two approaches to take – investing and energy saving. Although investing comes with initial pain, in the long …

Can You Save Money With A Wi-Fi Thermostat?

So many aspects of a home can now be controlled via Wi-Fi. People can now use their phones to control everything from their vacuum to their air conditioning and security systems, making homes smarter than ever. Smart technology for any aspect of your home comes at a premium, but when the benefits are significant, the higher cost is usually worth …

How Does Air Conditioner Maintenance Save You Money?

Phoenix air conditioners work harder and longer than virtually anywhere else in the country. Making sure yours is functioning optimally will ensure that you stay comfortable year-round and keep bills at a minimum. Routine maintenance ensures your air conditioner’s efficiency in addition to extending its service life, lowering repair costs, and preventing unexpected malfunctions. The greatest benefit, though, is the …

4 Signs Your AC Might Need Repair

Summer is almost here! Don’t be caught on the back foot during the season’s high temps – keep a watchful eye out for signs your AC might need repair. Read on for more… 1. Inadequate Air Flow Every room in your house should be effectively cooled by the AC. If some rooms feel cooler and others warmer, there may be …

3 Ways Dust and Dirt Affect Your HVAC System

Unfortunately, dust and dirt can accumulate throughout your home no matter how much you dust, sweep, or vacuum. On average, it’s estimated that your home will collect around 40 pounds of dust every year! Around 70% of the dust comes from your family and pets, as they shed dead skin cells and hair. The remaining 30% is made up of …

How to Make Your Home More Energy Efficient

There’s nothing more aggravating than having to pay a hefty energy bill each month, especially if you have no idea what’s leading to the high cost. And while you could be using a little more electricity than normal these days (as so many of us have transitioned to working from home), the price hike may be due to your HVAC …

6 Ways To Optimize Your HVAC System To Reduce Asthma

Asthma is a difficult condition to manage, especially because so many triggers can cause an attack. When you spend a lot of time indoors—like during Arizona’s long, hot summers—your home’s HVAC system can exacerbate your symptoms. Consider these six tips to optimize your HVAC system to reduce your asthma symptoms. Maintain Your Furnace Filter The simplest thing you can do …

Everything you Need to Know About Air Conditioning Maintenance

Air conditioners, like everything else, function better when they get a little TLC. Who can blame them? Although they probably require less maintenance than other home essentials, basic upkeep will ensure they maintain maximum efficiency and longevity. So what kind of maintenance does an air conditioning unit require? Read on for our air conditioner maintenance 101… Replace the Air Filter …

Choosing a Smart Thermostat

A smart thermostat simply makes your life easier. This intelligent technology does the thinking for you – it can learn your routine, adjust the temperature when no one is home, and maintain ideal temperatures to make you more comfortable, all while helping you save money. Sold? Here’s how to choose the right smart thermostat for your home. Things to Know …

5 Things You Can Do to Improve Your Air Quality

You may not realize it, but the air inside your house is likely holding more pollution than the air outside. These pollutants can aggravate seasonal allergies and respiratory conditions. Thankfully, attending to your home’s air quality isn’t as demanding as you might expect, and with just a few easy, thoughtful steps, you can lower the odds that these headaches and …