Let’s face it – winter in Arizona is the stuff dreams are made of. Our winters are famously mild with plenty of sunshine to boot. But while the winter weather may not be as harsh in Arizona as it is elsewhere in the country, it’s still important to winterize your home to ensure that it stays warm and cozy during the cooler months. Not only will this ensure you pass the winter months in comfort, but it will also ensure you get the best bang for your HVAC buck and maximize energy savings.
Here, we’ll go over some tips for winterizing your Arizona home, so you can enjoy the winter season in comfort and style.
- Check your insulation: Insulation is the first line of defense against the cold, so it’s important to make sure that your home has an adequate amount. Check the insulation in your attic and walls, and add extra if necessary. This will help keep the warm air inside and reduce your heating costs.
- Seal air leaks: Air leaks around windows, doors, and other openings can let cold air into your home and warm air out. Use caulk or weather stripping to seal these gaps, and replace any worn or damaged seals.
- Service your HVAC system: Your heating and cooling system works hard during the winter months, so it’s important to have it serviced before the winter season begins. A professional HVAC technician can check for any issues, clean the system, and make any necessary repairs to keep it running smoothly.
- Change your air filters: Dirty air filters can reduce the efficiency of your HVAC system, so it’s important to change them regularly. Check your air filters every month during the winter and change them as needed.
- Use a programmable thermostat: A programmable thermostat can help you save money on your heating bill by allowing you to set the temperature to your desired level when you’re home, and lowering it when you’re away.
- Invest in a space heater: If you have a room in your home that’s particularly cool, a space heater can be a good investment. Just be sure to use it safely and keep it away from flammable materials.
- Use heavy curtains: Heavy curtains can help keep the cold air out and the warm air in. Just be sure to close them at night to keep the heat inside.
- Stay active: One of the best ways to stay warm during the winter is to stay active. Take advantage of the cool, crisp weather and get outside for a walk, hike, or bike ride. You’ll get some fresh air, enjoy the beautiful scenery, and stay warm all at the same time!
- Make use of the sun: Arizona is known for its sunny days, so make the most of them during the winter. Open your curtains during the day to let the sun in, and close them at night to keep the warmth in.
Winterizing your home ensures you get the best of both worlds – a cozy environment to relax in and an efficient, cost-saving season.
As ever, Martin Air is here to keep your home comfortable year-round. With unmatched customer service, we deliver top-notch residential & commercial HVAC services. Our services are not just limited to basic HVAC installation, repair, and maintenance. We can also help 24/7 you with your smart home, thermostats, and improving your indoor air quality.
Backed by decades of experience, our courteous and dependable service technicians have served as a trusted choice for home and business owners throughout Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, Queen Creek area.